Ask us about remote training. Learn to operate forklift equipment in use at your employer's own facility.
In this 1-day course you will learn to safely operate and maintain a forklift. You will graduate this course fully informed and trained to immediately enter the workforce as a forklift operator.
The course provides entry-level forklift operators with both classroom and machine training hours. A Certificate of Training and pocket card is issued upon successful completion of our OSHA certified training program. Graduates may get job placement assistance (when available) for finding work as a forklift operator.
Our Forklift Training Program will teach you:
- OSHA Safety Regulations
- Classroom training on personal safety, machine safety and work area safety. Covers your rights under federal law for a safe workplace.
- Locate, identify and describe forklift operator controls, switches and gauges including warning levels.
- Locate, identify and describe functions of forklift engine, steering and braking.
- Complete walk-around and pre-shift safety inspections of the forklift.
- Stick-Time Training
- Forklift equipment start-ups and shut-downs, brake tests and basic operating procedures in various practical applications.
- Mock Job Site
- Operate forklift equipment in a mock worksite environment. Perform various procedures and maneuvers required in actual employment situations.
Hands-on Training with Real Forklift Equipment
No simulators here. You will train on a new and modern forklift learning the latest methods and techniques of operation.
What is a Forklift?
A forklift is a small industrial machine. The powered vehicle has long blades (tines) used to lift and carry heavy loads. You most likely have seen forklifts in grocery and home improvement stores. Forklifts can also be found indoors in warehouses and factories. Outdoor forklift uses include construction zones, work sites and a variety of other material handling locations.
In this course you will learn the proper names and locations of all forklift parts, plus understand how they work. Our forklift course includes information on maximum loads and safely maintaining a center of gravity. The most common injuries to forklift operators happen when a forklift tips over. Accidents like these can be avoided with proper safety training.
You will work in-the-seat on a forklift to learn how to control the hydraulic system using levers. To become a skilled operator you will also become familiar with rear-wheel steering for getting in and out of tight spaces.
Forklift Training Cost: $500
Program Fee Includes:
- Registration Fee
- Reflective Safety Vest
- OSHA Approved Steel Toe Boots
- Hard Hat